how to stop laptop from overheating in hibernate

hello there,

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL (intel i7-1165G7 and 40GB of RAM, running Windows 10 pro), and every time I am done using it I unplug the power corde and put it into hibernate manually. Almost immediately after that the fans start to spin very fast and the laptop starts to get warm to the touch and the battery becomes complitly empty after only 3-4 houres.

Now I know it is proberly a modern standby thing so there is no simple solution to complitly fix the problem* but is there some sort of procedure I can do to mitigate the problem?

my battery report:

battery-report.html

thnks in advance

y p

*if anyone of the windows dev team is reading this please fix this, I know win10 is almost at its end of life but it's a very importent problem.

Answer
Answer
Hi, thank you for patiently waiting, As per checking and analyzing the event logs you have, there are multiple activities that make the PC have Kernel-Power error (Power loss) One of the main issues is your Disk, in this case, kindly follow the steps below:

This problem actually occurs when there is a problem with your power options, kindly follow the steps below and I hope this helps.

Method 1. Restore default power options

-Press the Windows key + R then type:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

-Restart the PC and check.

Method 2. Run power troubleshooter

- Press the Windows key + R then type:

msdt.exe /id PowerDiagnostic

- Click OK then follow the prompts to run the power troubleshooter
-Restart the device after

Method 3. Do clean boot:

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

- In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.

- On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.

- Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.

- Close Task Manager.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When you restart the computer, it's in a clean boot environment.

Troubleshooting reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

Method 4. Run full check disk.

Open Powershell with Admin or CMD with Admin (Press Windows key + X then click Windows Powershell(Admin))

Copy, paste, and enter the command below:

chkdsk c: /f

Follow the prompt and restart the PC if needed.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 707 Applies to: