How to see other computers on my network

I have a desktop with windows 10 and I want to see 2 other computers in my network one is a laptop and one is a desktop both are running windows XP.
Hi Larry, in version 1803 of Windows 10, Microsoft removed the Homegroup functionality, which makes home networking more difficult:

If you have a problem seeing other PC's in the Network Section in File Explorer:

Click your Start Button, type Services and hit Enter

When the Services app opens, scroll down to find the following services, then double click each one in turn, set their startup type to Automatic and start the service if necessary

1. Function Discovery Provider Host

2. Function Discovery Resource Publication

3. SSDP Discovery

4. UPnP Device Host

Save that and close the Services app

That's It!

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Network sharing is changed on Windows now as HomeGroup is removed on V1803 or later.

Here are the alternatives you can use atm:

https://www.kapilarya.com/homegroup-alternative...

Hope this helps!

P.S.: If you still want to use HomeGroup, you need to downgrade to V1709.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Helping Windows users, since 2010 · Please remember to mark replies as answers, if they helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Network sharing is changed on Windows now as HomeGroup is removed on V1803 or later.

Here are the alternatives you can use atm:

https://www.kapilarya.com/homegroup-alternative...

Hope this helps!

P.S.: If you still want to use HomeGroup, you need to downgrade to V1709.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Helping Windows users, since 2010 · Please remember to mark replies as answers, if they helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Larry, thanks for your question.

Recent updates to Windows 10 have removed the HomeGroup function, but yu can still share files between your networked devices. Here is a link to the steps you'll need to set up network file sharing:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/409269...

Please follow those steps and let me know if you're having trouble with it. Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Larry, thanks for your question.

Recent updates to Windows 10 have removed the HomeGroup function, but yu can still share files between your networked devices. Here is a link to the steps you'll need to set up network file sharing:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/409269...

Please follow those steps and let me know if you're having trouble with it. Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2024 Views 1,128 Applies to: