How to retrieve FlipShare videos that have disappeared?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1564 with Windows 7 and I've only had it a couple months. I noticed my hard drive was partitioned--the C drive was nearly full but the D drive was completely empty. I did some research and heard that I should just cut + paste some stuff from the C drive to the D drive, so I did that. But I think I lost some programs in the process.

I have a Flip UltraHD camcorder, which when you first connect it via USB port installs the software, FlipShare. I had over 100 videos stored in the FlipShare library on this computer. However, just now I plugged in my camera and a message came up that said my FlipShare library could not be found. It gave 4 options: Browse/New/Quit and one more I can't remember. I clicked Browse and I looked through my files but I couldn't find FlipShare anywhere. I couldn't figure how to make a New library either. So I had to quit and go to the Flip website to install FlipShare again, in the hopes that MAYBE my library would be recovered, but it wasn't. It would seem that those 100+ videos have been lost and I am devastated.

ANY thoughts AT ALL on how to recover them? And why did this happen in the first place?

Answer
Answer

Hi ChromeOSX,

Take a look at a similar thread which has been answered by MVP Don Patterson:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/54d00073-22e1-411c-82bc-2b72612854ba

Lisa
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 3,777 Applies to: