how to restore windows 8 activation.

hello

my laptop has windows 8 preinstalled and activated

i buy it with windows 10 installed and activated but i can't change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 10

i downgrade to windows 8.1. the same situation. impossible to change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 8.1

i download windows 8 pro iso file from a website. when i install it.i can change screen brightness but windows 8 still inactivated and give me the error code : "0x8007007B" when i want to activate it.

my first question is : is it legal to download windows iso file from an external website other than microsoft official's websites and instal it

the 2nd question is : how to restore windows 8 activation that come with the laptop.

thank you very much

|
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hello

my laptop has windows 8 preinstalled and activated

i buy it with windows 10 installed and activated but i can't change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 10

i downgrade to windows 8.1. the same situation. impossible to change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 8.1

i download windows 8 pro iso file from a website. when i install it.i can change screen brightness but windows 8 still inactivated and give me the error code : "0x8007007B" when i want to activate it.

my first question is : is it legal to download windows iso file from an external website other than microsoft official's websites and instal it

the 2nd question is : how to restore windows 8 activation that come with the laptop.

thank you very much

Windows 8 updates ended in 2016, not 2023.

Windows 8.1 updates ended in 2023,

We don't work for Microsoft but we a;so do not recommend downloading Windows from unknown websites as a lot contain Malware embedded.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

According to Microsoft you are trying to use a Volume License Key to activate Windows 8 in that error code.

You do not say where you got your Product Key from or for what edition of windows 8.1 it is for.

Are you trying to use a Volume License?

Here is the Microsoft explanation for your error code:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/10738/windows-10-get-help-with-activation-errors

0x8007232B, 0xC004F074, 0xC004F038, 0x8007007B

• You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. Try entering a product key that matches the edition of Windows on your device.

• Or, you might see this error if you're trying to activate your work PC but aren't connected to your workplace's network. If you're connected to your work network and still see this error, you might need to change the network settings. Contact your organization's support person for more info. 

• If your organization doesn't have a support person, you might need to enter your product key again:

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Activation .

2. Select Change product key, and then type your 25-character product key.

Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I would be seriously checking out just what did you download.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: