How to Restore Microsoft Store

Hi! I did something to my computer. I was going to delete the bloatware installed on my computer so I used a debloater tool which showed a bunch of stuff in my Powershell. Then poof, all of the bloatware are removed. But I don't know what happened but the Microsoft store and the essential Windows apps are also gone (Calculator, Alarms, Calendar, etc.)
|
Answer
Answer
Hello Chunky,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with Microsoft Store and essential Windows apps missing. What is your current Windows version and edition? Press Start then search Settings, select System then About.

**Run the troubleshooter:
Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache
Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.
Note

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Uninstall the Store:
Press Windows key + X
Click and Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator
At the powershell, copy-paste the command below

get-appxpackage *WindowsStore* | remove-appxpackage

Enter then proceed to reinstall Store

Reinstall the Store and built-in apps
Press Windows key + X
Click and Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator
At the command prompt, copy-paste the commands below one at a time then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your PC then Launch again your MS Store

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hello Chunky,

Thank you for updating me that information. I'm sorry it didn't resolve the issue.

If still doesn't work, Please try to Perform a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade. It will definitely help in resolving update errors. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications.

**Few things to check on the PC

Important: Back up your personal data and files to an external hard drive, USB thumb drive, or cloud location (such as OneDrive) before you begin any reinstall of Windows 10.

Ensure you are signed in or have administrator rights to do a repair install

Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting

Disable or uninstall any 3rd party Anti-Virus program to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade

Kindly try to use the media creation tool.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Download the media creation tool and save it to your computer.
Open the tool and select Upgrade this PC now.
Make sure to select Keep personal files and apps.
It might take some time to install Windows 10. Your computer will restart a few times, Make sure you don’t turn off your PC.

After that, Kindly to check if Microsoft store is working. You may also try to check again on the new administrator account if it helps.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2021 Views 2,233 Applies to: