How to repair Compaq laptop stuck on infinite boot loop?

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 laptop computer, running on Windows 7 Home Premium, with an Intel Celeron processor. The computer has been working quite normally until just recently, when the computer started going into an infinite startup loop that is making me unable to start Windows. The fan runs, the red Compaq "Q" screen shows up, and the computer crashes and automatically reboots when there's supposed to be a blinking cursor in the corner after the red screen.

F8 doesn't work when I try tapping it repeatedly on the red screen. The Esc button works in loading up the startup menu, but F11 doesn't work (it goes back to the startup loop). F1 is useless, I tried the system diagnostics on F2, but they didn't work and I got confused, F9 also seems useless because it's the boot manager, and F10 seems like it wouldn't work.

Now I will be stuck with a computer that keeps looping the red Compaq screen for all eternity unless I can get help starting Windows up again. How can I stop the infinite startup loop with F8 and system recovery not working?????
Answer
Answer
I have decided to attempt to reset the computer to its original factory settings. Luckily, I have my files backed up just in case. The problem is that I need to go to the F11 system recovery menu and it doesn't even work. It just causes the computer to reset back to the startup loop. And I got my notebook pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium and somehow it says that I need an install disc. How can I reset my computer to factory settings without the ability to go to the system recovery menu?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2024 Views 344 Applies to: