How to remove $RIBBZ2H.exe virus from $Recycle.bin ?

Hey, i ended up with a virus on my laptop which i got from a USB flash drive yesterday, windows defender warned me about it and asked me to take actions in that matter, i even deleted some sort of a suspicious file that i copied from the USB flash drive, yet defender still shows a notification telling me that there is a threat, which happen to be located in C:/$Recycle.bin, tried to remove it with defender but i couldn't searched on my intern drive for the $Recycle.bin file to remove it manually while the hidden files option is checked yet its impossible to find, and when i use malwarebytes that i just got, everything seems fine and no threats are found, but when i disable it i get the same threat notification from defender about the threat, so i had no other option other than to quarantine it which ended the notification cycle that i got from defender, but the virus is taking a noticable amount of my storage so im trying to completely remove it manually

Hi HaythemCh

I am Dave, I will help you with this, try deleting the Recycle Bin and a new one will be created automatically.

Open a Command Prompt window as administrator:
(Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt in the resulting list and choose 'Run as Administrator')

Paste the following command and hit Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

Close the Command Prompt window and restart your system

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey DaveM121, thank you for your reply, much appreciated!

I followed the mentioned steps and things seem to work fine for now.

I guess defender did manage to remove it after all

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2023 Views 333 Applies to: