How to remove Groove Music in Windows 10.

Original title : Groove Music.

Hello again,

Will someone PLEASE get rid of Groove Music off my computer or at least tell me how I can do this myself. As far as I know I have never asked for this and yet every time I try to use my machine now this awful blue panel appears. I do not want it, I do not want Microsoft telling me what I must have. If I want to manage my photos (yes photos)I WILL do it in the way I know best, if I want to manage MY music I WILL do it my way. Just PLEASE get rid of it!!!!

Regards  M.Cutlan

Hi,

How to Uninstall Groove Music included with Windows 10

1. Open Windows Powershell as Administrator

2. Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell prompt, press Enter to remove the Groove Music App on your Windows 10 system:

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage   

3. Restart the computer.

372 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello JinRyuu

Thank you for your prompt reply regarding Groove Music. Unfortunately I have had W10 for about 9 months and I have yet to find a successful way to cut and paste. It used to be so easy on XP and other previous models.

I have tried typing the command by hand but it gets rejected.

Sorry  M.Cutlan

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

My pleasure to help you.

How to Copy and Paste

1. Find the location you would like to start selecting from and place your mouse cursor there. Then press and hold the left mouse button and drag the cursor to the last area you would like to highlight. You will find that as your are holding the left mouse button and dragging the mouse cursor, the text between where you first pressed the button and where you dragged the cursor to will now be highlighted.

An example of what highlighted text looks like is below:

2. When the text is highlighted. Right-click on the highlighted text and then click on Copy.

3. Open Windows Powershell. Right-click on Windows Powershell and choose Run as Administrator

4. There will a be a blue-window box like this:

Right-click on the empty blue pane then hit Paste.

Hope this helps.

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello JinRyuu,

I am delighted to tell you Groove Music has disappeared from my system. One small problem remains, so has a large number of my ''box apps''. The list is still there so I expect the rest to follow. I have had the message from MS 'we cannot find your files'. This whole situation has reminded me of the horrendous ''Charms Bar' of W8 where unwanted and not asked for black boxes containing the date and time would apparently randomly appear over any work one was trying to do. I get the feeling there is a dictator in Microsoft who is **** bent on forcing his ideas on to the rest of us.

Grateful   M.Cutlan

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jin Ryuu

You may recall how pleased I was to get rid of Groove Music. I am sorry to report that, without any warning, it has re - appeared on my system. Why oh why does Microsoft continue to insist on imposing these ''improvements'' on its customers without giving us a simple method to opt out. I do a fair amount of editing and burning CD's and this awful programme pokes its nose in at all levels, making suggestions I just do not want. I don't want everything in one place, I don't want pictures involved. I WILL DO AS I WISH.

So I must ask, is there a new solution to get rid of this once and for all because the method described above no longer works.

Regards M.Cutlan

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this is ****. i have THREE computers running windows 10, and NONE of them have anything that looks anything like this ANYWHERE. there are 2 totally different 'screens' that appear depending on whether i click or right-click  the windows icon. there IS NO "START MENU". get real with your instructions, or forget you. stop misleading people.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What you need is to calm down and learn some manners.

59 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure what your issue is, but this worked PERFECTLY for me.  Followed the instructions almost exactly.  The only exception was since I don't have Cortona active, I had to click the window icon in the lower left corner BEFORE I typed "Windows Powershell".

No need to get belligerent when some is offering free advice, that you don't know how to use.

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 57,909 Applies to: