How to open rar files in windows 10

Hello, I have some difficulty opening rar files. Is it necessary to download some software that does not come included with Windows itself to open this kind of files? Can you recommend a few applications for uncompressing rar files? Thank you!
Answer
Answer
Hi IsabelXW,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

You are correct that .rar files are not natively supported by Windows, and that another software is required to open them.

A free utility that can open them is 7-Zip:

https://www.7-zip.org/

I would recommend downloading

Download 7-Zip 19.00 (2019-02-21) for Windows:
Download .exe 64-bit x64 1 MB

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Another program is WinRAR but it is only a trial version:

https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this has helped you. If this is not what you are looking for, please reply and let us know and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,
-Ashton

64 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2024 Views 48,339 Applies to: