How to move a windows 10 recovery partition?

Windows has placed the recovery partition on my drive D, but the drive recently failed, so I wish to remove it and replace it with a new hard drive (the device is over 7 years old, it has had a good life). When I re3moved the drive, suddenly Windows would not function, I could only access BIOS. I have seen many different software programs that offer to solve this problem for you, but many are just advertised on websites that look very untrustworthy.

Is there a safe and easy to use program that is Microsoft verified that will transfer the recovery partition to a healthy drive for me, so that I can bin the poor old one?

I have included a screen shot, the partition is on drive 1, as you can see, I also have another from a previous version of Windows that I cannot delete, but I am sure that disposing of that will be easy with the same software.

Many thanks,

Rich

Hi Richard,

There is no such program where we can transfer the recovery partition to some other drive.

For additional information refer the below article.

Recovery options in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Thank You.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That was not very helpful. I did not choose what drive to put the partition on, in fact I didn't even know it existed till the drive failed. Windows chose for me.

Is there a solution? The hard drive will likely fail again, when it does it may take the partition with it. When I remove the drive, windows will not boot up.

Can I make a new partition? Can I remove the drive and use a recovery USB? Is there a way I can remove the drive without re-installing Windows?

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry dude...  only 1209 other people have had this issue...  I make 1210...  Not NEARLY enough for Microsoft to pay any attention...

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll be TRYING Acronus True Image tonight...  I've had a lot of luck with Windows 10 partitions using it in the past...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2023 Views 12,870 Applies to: