How to log out of windows 11 account?

My account recently got hacked, and I don't have access to my account anymore. However, on my pc I'm still logged in to that account, which is now owned by the hacker. I'm scared he will lock me out of my own pc, is there any way to change this? Ive already contacted microsoft support to try and get my account back, but its microsoft so that didnt work.

Answer
Answer
Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings app, then go to Accounts - Your Info.

In that settings page, do you see the option to either 'Log in with a Local Account' or the option to 'Stop automatically logging into apps with this account'?

If you see either of those options, select it and that will switch your Windows login to a Local Account and remove the current Microsoft Account.

You can then create a new Microsoft Account and add it to your login.

Please Note, if you remove that Microsoft Account, if you use OneDrive to sync your files online, you would loose access to that OneDrive backup and if you have any apps or games installed from the Microsoft Store, they will need to be uninstalled and re-installed under the new Microsoft Account.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,419 Applies to: