How to Link Your Phone App with O365 work account

We do not want our employees to use personal accounts on our devices (including gmail and Hotmail).  Most Windows 10 apps, like Windows Store, allow us to sign in with our O365 work email, however, Your Phone will not.

When I try and log into it on either the Windows 10 app or the Android app, it says that says that it doesn't exist and to create a new Microsoft account.  We try that and it says "you can't sign up here with a work or school email address" and tells us to use a personal account.  These are COMPANY devices and we cannot have this data, nor these apps using personal accounts.

Isn't the fact that our O365 email address ARE Microsoft accounts enough to BE a Microsoft account?

How can we use Your Phone with our company devices using our company email accounts?  

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

An Organizational Account (O365) is intended for employees to use to sign in to their organization's Microsoft services at work, not to sign in to their personal online services from Microsoft. It is different from Microsoft Account.

Unfortunately, Your Phone app does not support Organizational (work) accounts currently. Please visit here for full system requirements of Your Phone app: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4531293/your...

Please let me know if I can help you further!
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indication if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I went over the System Requirements before I created this case.  There is nothing in there stating it only works with personal accounts.  Also, we are very aware that O365 accounts are not meant for personal online services.  Your Phone app is NOT a personal online service.  

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The article may not say it is a personal online service, but it does says organizational (work) accounts are unsupported.
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indication if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, I found out about this app from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sync-across-your-devices?activetab=pivot_1%253aprimaryr2

It mentions "Introducing Microsoft 365" and "Introducing the new Microsoft Office mobile app" which are ALL O365 services.  

All it says is "Requires a Microsoft Account and an Android 7.0+ phone."  Nothing about personal.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are Microsoft 365 for Home and Microsoft 365 for Businesses.

Organizational (Work or school) accounts are associated with Microsoft 365 for business products which would be the case since you have a company email account.

https://support.office.com/article/what-account...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The article doesn't state Home of Business either.

Why would Microsoft release such a great product for only home users?  I would think their biggest usage is business and what most of their revenues come from.  Also, Microsoft personal accounts are free.  Business accounts are not free, so we can't use it.  That makes a lot of sense.  

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, that's how the app functions at the moment, only with Microsoft Accounts.

If you like to, please share your feedback through Feedback Hub which is the best route to request for features. https://aka.ms/yourphonefh

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well after ALL of that i finally just gave up and tried to use the app with my hotmail account. PC is setup with the QR code screen but phone hangs then says Check Your PC after clicking on My PC Is Ready, then tried again on PC and it just hangs.  Seriously.  

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 15,296 Applies to: