How to install software without admin account

Help please I've somehow deleted the admin account without making another account.

Context: So a friend of mine gave me a Windows 7 laptop and I was able to put windows 10 on it but I lost the charger then Years later, I finally found it. I plugged it in. Try to update it wouldn't update it. Try fixing. It never did fix it. So I reinstall windows. Once I've finished, it asked me a user name and a password. And the username said administrator didn't know the password or user name so I. Found a way to get in, but in the process. I've somehow deleted the admin account and now I cant update or download software. Can't do nothing cause every time I do something. It asks me for the Admin thing. I don't have the account. Please help.

|
Hello, I am a Microsoft user like you, trying to assist you in solving this problem together!
Based on your description, we would like to further confirm the user situation of the system. You can use the following command:
Press Win+r, enter CMD, and at the command line, enter:
net localgroup Administrators
Post the screenshot of the executed command and provide suggestions based on the displayed results

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't know what to do

I am logged in to my microsoft account and not a local account as the tab "family and other user" tab is not there in settings so I can't make another account and make it an administor.

Since I'm basically locked out of my own laptop. The only way I know to get out of the situation is to make a bootable flash drive off another windows laptop and use it to reinstall windows assuming I don't need administrator privileges to configure boot priority in bios

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your feedback!
The command input is incorrect. You need to enter the following command in the command prompt window:
net localgroup Administrators
And press enter to confirm that there is only one Administrator account under the member (built-in administrator account)
If only one Administrator account is displayed, you can enable the Administrator account as follows
1. Click on Start Power in the system, hold down the Shift key, and then click Restart
2. Choose to enter safe mode
3. The administrator account will appear on the startup interface, click login to enter (usually with a blank password)
4. After logging in, press the Win+R keys to enter “netplwiz” and press enter to enter the user control page. Find your own account under Local Users and modify administrator properties. Or add an administrator user

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you sooooo much!!!! I was able to use safe mode to make NY account an admin Thank you now I can update and download stuff thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your feedback!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 42 Applies to: