How to install Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 Version 2 on my new Windows 10 PC

I get lots of error notices and trying compatibility mode doesn't seem to help. I have my original discs and Product key. If Microsoft has a more recent version, compatible with Windows 10, I'd get it, but I don't think that there is one. Sigh!
It was discontinued over a decade ago.  You may be able to export the data into something that will work in win 10.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I couldn't install PhotoDraw V2, so I guess I got out of the box, so to speak. I'm a biochemist--what do I know? ;-) I put the disc for PhotoDraw V2 in the DVD drive (H:). Then I went into the Windows 10 equivalent of Windows Explorer (I just got the computer loaded with Windows 10 today ;-)), looked in FFiles on Drive H, then MS Office, then Office then hit the PhotoDraw application icon. I also created a desktop shortcut for this icon. PhotoDraw worked perfectly on one of the photos on my computer, and I could print out the photo. So--no more hassle. Now I just put the disc in the DVD drive and hit the PhotoDraw desktop icon. Voila! What's not to like? Am I missing something here?

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 3,931 Applies to: