how to install microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Problem:

1. When I want to create WIFI hotpot by windows 10, there is the problem for missing Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter.

2. In the Device Manager, the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is uninstalled (I can't find it by view hidden).

3. When I try to find the driver from Microsoft Driver community, I can't find, it doesn't exit here.

Question:

How to install the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter manually or automatically?

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 30,295 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Jiaqi,

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter device in Windows.

We would like to know the device status of the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter in the Device Manager settings.

Unknown and uninstalled devices will be listed under Other. The device will have a yellow alert symbol on it. The properties for the device will show that no driver was found.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a)      Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b)      Click on Troubleshooting tab.

c)      Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d)      Select the Network Adapter option from the list.

e)      Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

If you don't find the requisite drivers installed, follow the below steps to install the drivers.

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
  2. In the “Device Manager” window, search for the 'Network Adapter' drivers, right click on it and then select "Update Driver Software'.
  3. Then select the option 'Browse my computer for driver software '>> 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computers'.
  4. Now uncheck the option 'Show compatible hardware'.
  5. Under the Manufacturer select Microsoft and search for 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' under Model.
  6. Now follow the on screen instructions.

Write to us with the updated status on the issue related to Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter configuration. If the issue still persists, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You. 

41 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.