How to increase dedicated video ram of my laptop?

Hi! I want to increase my video ram but I don't know how to.I have read articles about it.I tried to enter the bios but wasn't any advanced option under it. I also searched it on yt but couldn't get the answers.

As we can see I have total 4162 but only 128 dedicated.

Please help me in figuring it out.

Regards,

Priyanshu Narayan

Hi Priyanshu

With an integrated Video option like Intel HD Graphics 620, there is no dedicated memory, because that is built into the Intel processor on your PC

Intel HD Graphics 620 uses your RAM and that is dynamically changed depending on what you are doing with your PC, i.e. when you are playing games, Windows may dedicate 1GB - 2GB to that device, and when you are just using an app, that may be as little as 128MB

You should not make any changes to that and let Windows manage your Intel HD Graphics 620, Windows will know best how to manage that device

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank You Dave!

For an instant and accurate reply but what when I play games which requires more graphics like GTA5 but online it shows that it may work.

But when I play GTA4 with my dedicated memory there is too much lag and grphics shows 128 mb only.

How do I make windows choose whats best for gaming.

Bios setup version is:1.9.00

PRIYANSHU

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 30, 2024 Views 428 Applies to: