How to get in touch with Microsoft

I tried to upgrade to Windows 10. It failed. I spent an hour with Microsoft Support and they could not solve the problem. They gave me a case number and scheduled me for escalated support two days later at a specific time. No one called. I am not real keen on waiting on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes (the current wait time) just to make another appointment that may not be kept. Is there an email solution somewhere. Thanks

TomC

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

To check the status on the case, I would suggest you to call Microsoft again on 1800642 7676 between 0500 hrs. 2100hrs. Pacific time zone.

Meanwhile you may try the methods below.

Hi,

Thanks for showing your interest in Windows 10. I will certainly help you with this.

The most likely cause of this error is an incompatible driver or hardware defect critical for booting the intermediary environment necessary to perform upgrade actions.

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

If you have any other antivirus programs installed besides the built-in Microsoft one, uninstall them now.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: Perform Clean Boot

Step 1: Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 2: I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 from the link below and check.

Download Windows 10 and run the setup from the desktop

Note: I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting the installation.

Hope this information is helpful.Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately in attempting to follow your instructions my problem became worse. To add salt to the wound, my call to MS was put on hold and then cut off. Well I've big had enough and purchased some professional help.

I would like to thank you for taking the time  to try and assist me.

TomC

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Post the issue with as much detail as possible and some kind soul (who does NOT work for Microsoft) may be able to provide you with a solution.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2022 Views 328 Applies to: