How to Get Full Administrator Rights in Windows 7?

Whenever I attempt to do the following process :

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Computer (you can also found this icon on the desktop).
  3. Right click on the Hard Disk icon where your OS is installed on and click Properties.
  4. Click the Security tab.
  5. Click the Advanced tab.
  6. Click  the Change Permissions button located after the Permission Entries list.
  7. A new window will appear on your screen. Such a window contains a list of all the user accounts available on your computer.
  8. Select the user account you want to give total control over your Windows 7 and click the Edit button.
  9. Now, tick the checkbox labeled “Total Control” and press OK.
  10. Done!
I get a list of errors saying C:\Pagefile.sys , C:\Program Files (access denied), C:\Program Files (x86) Access denied, C:\Windows Access denied, C:\ access denied, UNABLE TO SAVE PERMISSIONS, ACCESS IS DENIED. 

I am the only user on this computer so I am not sure why I cannot have full access to my own system. 

Please help so I don't have to try to re-install windows completely because if it comes to that, im going to scrap windows for all it's problems and go linux.
These files and folders are either locked or are subject to UAC (User Account Control) restrictions. You should leave them alone and let the system handle them.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That answer does me NO good what so ever.  I don't need to know what the files are, i'm well aware of what they are.  I need to get admin rights because of some programs like McAfee Antivirus that will not uninstall without admin rights because it has a virus.

So I ask again.. please answer the question, not provide opinions.  Thanks.
The Dude

82 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That answer does me NO good what so ever.  I don't need to know what the files are, i'm well aware of what they are.  I need to get admin rights because of some programs like McAfee Antivirus that will not uninstall without admin rights because it has a virus.

The answer was in there all along. If you know what you're doing, turn off UAC while you replace the files. It's as simple as that. And no, there is no way to modify the paging file pagefile.sys while Windows is active. If you are not happy with it then you must do whatever you wish to do while Windows is not active, e.g. while in Repair Mode or when booting the machine into Ubuntu. Note that whatever change you make to it, Windows is likely to undo it at the next reboot.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you cannot come up with a viable answer, then stop posting.  Plain and simple. 
The Dude

57 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is why I need the rights.  So if you have another way to remove the files without having ADMIN rights.  Please feel free to express your answer.
The Dude

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

...I need to get admin rights because of some programs like McAfee Antivirus that will not uninstall...

If you are trying to remove McAfee Anti-virus it may be easier using their product removal utility:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)
 http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=7&gs_id=m&xhr=t&q=mcafee+removal+tool&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=mcafee+&aq=0&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=cf799297008d2d18&biw=1023&bih=657

Regards,

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you cannot come up with a viable answer, then stop posting.  Plain and simple. 

I repeat: Turn off UAC.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I get a list of errors saying C:\Pagefile.sys , C:\Program Files (access denied), C:\Program Files (x86) Access denied, C:\Windows Access denied, C:\ access denied, UNABLE TO SAVE PERMISSIONS, ACCESS IS DENIED. 

Having same problem. havent tested this as of yet but im about to fingers crossed, but go to START in the search box at the botom type MSCONFIG select Diagnostic startup (Minimal load) then restart the PC. with any luck, this will lock out any infected files from loading on startup also prevent any non essential programs LIKE MCAFEE or avast self defence modules for instance so you should be able to access permissions, as well kill the program while its defenceless all in one fell swoop. Fingers crossed.  
PS if this does not work, ill be asking the same question i quoted up there so lol we shall see.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 125,133 Applies to: