How to fix the error of Microsoft Data Access Components in Windows 11?

The .Net Framework Data Providers require Data Access Components (MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version 2.6 or later. : Must define valid database paths before proceeding.

Thanks for reaching out! My name is, Zadee. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.

Download and install this, Phirom. See if that fixes the error.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/download/detail...

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Zadee,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have tried this, however, it doesn't work. I tried to search for previous solution a couple of days ago, nothing works. Please kindly help me to solve. Thank you in advance. This SWAT program works pretty well on my previous computer running Windows 10.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let's have other experts join in and see if they have other suggestions that can help solve this issue. If I have other inputs I will certainly post again here. Please check this thread from time to time for updates. Thank you for your cooperation.
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Phirom. I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Here are fixes for this that worked for others for Net Framework Data Providers require Data Access Components error:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/...

If none of those help Id post at our sister forums above, the Microsoft Developers Network (MSDN) forums which specialize in these issues whereas our end-user consumer forums does not.

I hope it helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Greg Carmack,

Thank you for your response. I've been looking through the thread, however it doesn't seem to work. This may apply on Windows XP SP3. I have checked the folder %windir%\inf, there is no file mdac.inf on both Windows 10 (another laptop that works well with MDAC) and Windows 11.

On both Windows 10 and Windows 11, there is no file handler.reg in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\msadc and no MSSoap folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System.

The files in those locations are identical in Windows 10 and Windows 11. But MDAC doesn't work on Windows 11.

Thank you.

Phirom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again Pirom -

This is far beyond what we do in this basic end-user consumer forums.

Besides the referral to the MS developers forum I gave earlier, I would ask this question to your System Administrator or at our sister forums for IT Professionals, Q&A forums here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/answers/index.... ?

Microsoft Community is strictly an end-consumer forum. Solutions we give here may conflict with the organization''s Group Policy which we do not use in consumer forums at all.

There are also equally good (and sometimes busier) 3rd party IT Pro forums here:
https://www.techrepublic.com/forums/
https://www.spiceworks.com/

I hope it helps.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 6,312 Applies to: