How to Fix Microsoft Store Not Opening/Broken?

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Manufacturer: HP

System Type: x64

I'm trying to use an app from the Microsoft store but it refuses to open without Microsoft store also being able to open. It gave an error code when trying to open the store (but I didn't save it). It opened a task in the manager but refused to open up an actual window, no flash or attempt, just didn't open at all. A parameter error occurs when any Microsoft app that is set to run on startup tries to run on startup [edited; added]. I tried the following to fix the issue(s)...

• running troubleshooter (crash error)

• running wreset.exe

• reinstalling the store via PowerShell several times

• running troubleshooter (no error)

• reinstalling Xbox and store (started briefly then closes / repeatable)

• reinstalling the store via files (had to use install on edge, the only browser that let me download them, and had to use PowerShell to install as the files refused to open in file explorer)

• deleting all traces of Microsoft store that I safely could

• running net stop/start, netsh, regsvr32.exe, and other commands ("...\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*" does not exist according to PowerShell)

• restoring the default permissions for WindowsApps (changed a week or so ago to get rid of a file)

One of the last two things above caused a previous "parameter" error to vanish and allowed the Microsoft store to open briefly before closing again and vanishing from task manager. The error originally given when trying to open the store no longer appears. The icon for 2 apps under the Apps & featured vanished and several new apps with no files containing 0 bytes appeared but the Microsoft store app wasn't located there. I then ran...

• running troubleshooter (no error but started a net bits I think)

• running wreset.exe (error, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.")

At this point, the store wasn't opening (like even flashing on screen briefly) or opening in task manager (granted I didn't try resetting the PC again) after running the two above things. I got a not signed in error when trying to open one of the Microsoft apps that requires a login. I tried running these last two and they did nothing for the issue...

• running the dism.exe restorehealth command

• running sfc /scannow

Any recommendations would help. I am willing to reset my PC again if there are no options or steps left.

|
Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please try performing an In-place Upgrade. It will definitely help in resolving update errors. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while your personal files, settings and installed applications will not be removed.

Few things to check on the PC

**Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting
**Disable or uninstall any 3rd party Anti-Virus program to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade

Download the media creation tool (Click Download tool now) and save it to your computer.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Open the tool and select Upgrade this PC now.
Make sure to select Keep personal files and apps.
It might take some time to install Windows 10. Your computer will restart a few times, make sure you don’t turn off your PC.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for replying, but this is not the first solution I wish to try.

"Please try performing an In-place Upgrade." I briefly mentioned this within the last sentence of my post, "I am willing to reset my PC again if there are no options or steps left." I would rather look for other solutions before reinstalling windows, which I have done many times, because I am tired of doing it (it takes 10-15 hours on this PC).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try removing Microsoft Store app first then try the method below.

If you have a third-party VPN or Antivirus installed, please try to temporarily uninstall it then check if the issue persists.

Please try changing your Region to United States if it helps.

Please try this if it helps.

Open Microsoft Edge

Please try to visit https://store.rg-adguard.net/

In the drop-down list menu on the right side, select Retail

Search for:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9WZDNCRFJBMP?...

Click the check mark

Download: Microsoft.WindowsStore_12107.1001.15.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.appxbundle (55.8 MB)

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"reinstalling the store via files"

Please try to visit https://store.rg-adguard.net/

In the drop-down list menu on the right side, select Retail

Search for:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9WZDNCRFJBMP?...

Click the check mark

Download: Microsoft.WindowsStore_12107.1001.15.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.appxbundle (55.8 MB)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did the last suggested method fix the issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I already tried that before, I listed it in the things I've tried. No, it did not help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Performing an In-place upgrade is different from performing a Reset this PC. Your personal files, settings and installed applications will not be removed. Please let me know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I preformed the in-place upgrade. Microsoft store opens for a second and then closes with no task in the manager after it closes. Still need a solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the In-place upgrade did not work and most methods fail, you may need to consider performing a Reset this PC.

Please check the link below for more details.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-....

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: