How to fix error code 0X800CCC0F

Unable to send link or send page with windows live mail

Original title: How to fix error ID 0X800CCCoF

Hi Dominic,

We apologize for the delay in our response. Based on your post, I understand that you need to fix the error so you can send emails on your Live Mail.

The 0X800CCC0F error code is usually caused by incorrect POP settings or firewall blocking ports that Windows Live Mail uses (Usually port 25).

First, please check if SSL is required by the provider. Then try to reconfigure your account by removing it and re-adding it. You can follow the steps in this article:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

Then, double-check your firewall if it is blocking ports that Windows Live Mail uses. You can follow the steps in this article for the steps:

How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for listening and assistance.

My computer via Windows Live Mail indicates I have a 0X800CCC0F error. My setup is a little different than the usual. I have both Windows Live Mail and Yahoo and they both have the same Email address. Yahoo works OK. Windows has just recently stopped sending and receiving pictures but it does handle letters. 

Do you have a simple suggestion for a solution.

Thank you.

Chuck Johnson    z

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Clarance,

I suggest you to follow the suggestions by Cesar_E replied on April 12 2013 from the below link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-stopped-sending-pictures/476d818b-caa3-4afa-8317-cef90846da5f

Hope this information is helpful. Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you further.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. After I recently set up a new account with Iprimus I was constantly having problems receiving emails with my 'iprimus' addresses, with the error code 0X800CCC0F often coming up. Their people seemingly had no idea !!! however I think I have solved the problem thanks to your reference to the requirement of SSL by the provider. I went into Email Account Settings, then to Advanced Settings & in the drop-down following "Use the following type of of encrypted connection" I had None ticked then I tried SSL which did not work so I changed to Auto & it seems to have solved my problem !

Thanks again, Pezza. 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 25,829 Applies to: