How to fix a blank blue screen with os windows 7?

im using hp g62-225nr. im using it yeaterday and it suddenly freeze and i was trying to close the window and a blank black screen appeared. so i turn it off and turn it on again a windows recovery error window appear and i chose launch startup repair (recommended) and startup repair started....so i leave it alone for awhile... still scanning for error...went outside to pick up my son, when we get back i check on it and still scanning..i leave it alone over night and when i woke up at 4am still scanning...hours has goneby again and still scanning. i really don't know what to do anymore. i turn it off and turn it on again still all i can get is blank blue screen but this time the startup repair is not showing anymore. please help me.
Answer
Answer

It sounds like you could have a virus or other malware. Get your antivirus program up to date and boot into Safe Mode. Note that some viruses can hide themselves from your antivirus program in normal mode, so you really need to scan in Safe Mode. To get into Safe Mode when you first power up, hit F8 about once a second until you get the menu and select Safe Mode. Then run a full system scan.

Microsoft has suggestions and offerings at

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-I-remove-a-computer-virus

Forum moderator Keith has some suggestions along this line at

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working/6ab02526-5071-4dcc-895f-d90202bad8b3

If that fixes it, fine. If not, use System Restore to go back to a date prior to the beginning of the problem. To run System Restore, click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Click the box that says Show more restore points.

You can check for corrupted system files. Open an administrator command prompt and run SFC if the above doesn't help. Click START, then type sfc in the search box, right-click SFC.EXE and click Run as administrator. Then from the command prompt type sfc /scannow.

Finally if all else fails, you can check the rather cryptic system event log. To do so click Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. Once in Event Viewer click on the system log and scroll through the entries looking for those flagged "error" to see if you can find hints as to where the problem could be.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2020 Views 5,622 Applies to: