How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds

If you have lost your world (meaning when you open the game your world is missing) this may be helpful. THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 10 EDITION ONLY

I have had this problem and have fixed it using this method (couldn't find anything to help so i figured it out then made this, so you won't have to figure it out yourself). 

Just so you now my problem occurred because i had a power outage as my world was saving after i closed it. I don't know if it may work for you, but best to give it a shot, it's short and easy.

First off open Minecraft and make a new world (give the world the same settings as you old one, as the settings will change after the process). Save and close and save the world, then close Minecraft.

Then, open files explorer. go: This PC/Local Disk (C:)/Users/User/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds

If you have trouble finding the folder try this: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070509-How-to-access-hidden-folders 

It is easier if you only had one world (I did) but there should be two (maybe more for you) folders in the minecraftWorlds folder that has a few random looking characters. As I said I only had one world so for me there was two folders, my old lost world and the new world I had just created. If you have more than two folders you may just have to do some trial and error, although they are in order of creation with oldest being at the top, newest at the bottom (the bottom-most folder is your new world). 

Open you newest world folder (the one you made earlier) go to the db folder, delete everything in there (not the db folder itself. Go to your lost worlds folder, go to the db folder (for me there was another "lost" folder in db, that's fine). Copy everything in the db folder, including the "lost" folder. Go to your new world folder, go to the db folder, paste the contents from the old db folder into the new. 

Open Minecraft, go to worlds (the world should still be called "My World", you can edit it later). Open the new world and you should find it has become your old world.

I hope this helps ! I have not seen anything else explaining this so I this helps some people, happy mining!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This helped me restore my world, thank you very much for the help! I was wondering if this would affect achievements? Thanks in advance. After turning my laptop on, when suddenly it shut down as I was loading my Minecraft world, I found it missing.
I don't know about achievements as my world was creative, but i doubt it affects it.
I can't thank you enough!!! You just saved my world. MC crashed and my world was Gone. I tried so many things and I was extremely upset. Butttttt, This worked. And to the person who asked... Achievements are still on. 
So my laptop was randomly frozen and I had to restart it, which caused my world to disappear. Me and my friends spent so much time on it, so I tried my best to fix it. Fortunately, I found your article and I was able to save my world! Thank you so much! 
Does this work for if someone deletes your world intentionally? 
Thank you so much

When i tried to go to the folder with my worlds in it, it wasnt there. I looked at the link to find it, but no results came up. Can someone plz help

You're actually my hero!!! Thank you so much!! My game crashed and deleted my world I had with my friends and I started panicking.
Hello.  My world was deleted by a Dell tech as I was having another issue with my F keys not toggling.  He reinstalled but my world wasn't there.  So I created a new world.  He did a system restore from a few days ago but the only world that is there is the new one.  Any ideas?

Was this after making the new world, the new world is the onw that is supposed to be there, not your old one.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 29, 2020 Views 13,693 Applies to: