How to find most recently viewed or accessed files or documents.

In XP there was an icon choice when opening start botton for most recently accessed or viewed files.  I want that feature again.  How? 

Currently, I click start, then documents, then the only choice that is "recently changed". Usually that choice is useless for me.  Thanks

Answer
Answer

Windows dropped that from the start menu because now you can pin these programs to the start menu and have the separate programs show their recent files in the same sort of drop down list, so it became redundant.

From the same start menu list look at the privacy section and check both options, and apply.

Once those programs are listed on the start menu list right click it and select pin to start menu, any recent item will be on this listed and can be pinned to this list.

You can also drag and pin these programs to the taskbar as well.

Also if you want a option to see recently changed items, open your library and on the top left column is recently changed listed, right click that listing, and select send to, and click on create desktop shortcut, once on your desktop you can drag it to your taskbar or just leave it there, change the view by on this page and dates of changes will be listed.

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2024 Views 30,072 Applies to: