How to export and import email contact address to Tablet & Mobile phone

Original Title: Contact addresses

Can anyone suggest how I can successfully get my email contact addresses from Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 laptop to my Samsung Tab3 Android Tablet & mob phone?

I have tried several times but it doesn't do it completely.

I have exported the contacts list to a .vcf file in laptop OK; connected tablet USB cable; Imported into tablet OK.

BUT it only ever imports just 3 contacts, each time the same 3, two beginning 'a' and one 'w' near the end (not the last one)

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2019 Views 3,061 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

From the issue description, I understand that you want to get your email contact addresses from Windows Live Mail on your Windows 7 laptop to your Samsung Tab3 Android Tablet & mob phone.

Be assured that we are here to help you with your concern.

You can export contacts from your computer’s e-mail program and then import them into the Samsung Tab3 Android Tablet.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to export and import the contacts to your Samsung Tab3 Android Tablet.

Exporting the contacts from the computer: - The key is to save or export your computer e-mail program’s records in the vCard (.vcf) file format. These records can then be imported by the Samsung Tab3 Android Tablet into the Contacts App. The method for exporting contacts varies depending on the e-mail program:

Step 1:

• In the Windows Live Mail program, choose Go→Contacts and then choose File→Export→Business Card (.VCF) to export the contacts.

After the vCard files are created on your computer, connect the Samsung Tab3 Android Tablet to the computer and transfer them.

Importing the contacts to Contacts App: - After the vCard files have been copied to the Tab, follow these steps in the Contacts App to complete the process:

Step 2:

1. Touch the Menu icon button.
  2. Choose the Import/Export command.
  3. Choose Import from USB Storage.
  4. Choose the option Import All vCard Files
  5. Touch the OK button.

The contacts are saved on your Tab but will also be synchronized to your Gmail account, which instantly creates a backup copy.

The importing process may create some duplicates. You can join two entries for the same person in the Contacts app.

And regarding your concern on importing the contacts to Mobile Phone, Kindly let us know about the model number of your phone.

Note: We recommend you to contact the phone manufacturer to know how you can importing the contacts to Mobile Phone.

Hope the above information was helpful, kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.