how to enlarge the fonts in windows 8

Original Title:How do I enlarge the text for my failing eyes?

I've got a 23" Monitor but since I installed MS8, I just can't read the text without putting my nose about 4" from the screen.  Is something in settings I can use to enlarge the fonts or text or something?

My LApTOP IS 15.5 INCHES ...I AM FINDING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO READ MORE THAN HALF OF WHAT I FIND ON THE NET...I FOLLOWED SOME INSTRUCTIONS AND MANAGED TO ENLARGE  FONT ON MY HOMEPAGE BUT THE REST WERE DISAPPOINTINGLY UNAFFECTED...THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAXY....I KNOW THAT THE 7 INCH SCREENS ON THE KOBO ANKINDLE READERS CAN ENLARGE SO WHY CAN'T THIS LAPTOP...aCER E1-522-5603  I realize that i'm in COMPUTER NURSERY SCHOOL,BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS....CAN SOME ONE JUST WALK ME THROUGH THIS......I am on Windows 8.1.

Split from-

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-desktop/how-to-enlarge-the-fonts-in-windows-8/dc2bedcc-b2b6-445b-9c12-41b80406e27c

Answer
Answer

Sure, there are a number of ways to enlarge what you see on the screen.

• Websites
    From the desktop Internet Explorer, click the options icon at the top-right (looks like a gear) and choose Zoom.
    From the tablet Internet Explorer (full screen version), point to right corner and click Settings (the gear icon), then go to Options.

• Enlarge Everything on the desktop
    Right-click the desktop, choose Screen Resolution, then choose make text and other items larger or smaller.

• Enlarge everything in the modern environment
    To enlarge the size of apps, press +W to search for Settings, type screen size and then choose the search result to change the size of apps on the screen.

You can use just one of those options, or all three to suit your preference.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2021 Views 402 Applies to: