How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy?

Hi, I am wondering how to disable this huge test mode watermark in windows 10. I have tried the normal fix, only to be met with this error. What can I do?

Hello EMansuy3,

You should be able to temporarily disable Secure Boot in your UEFI settings, disable Test Mode, and enable Secure Boot again afterwards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same issue. No solution found anywhere yet on microsoft.com, keep getting the same message. I disabled Secured Boot and still get the same message in command prompt. Yes I am running it as an administrator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found these microsoft "solutions" to this same problem. But there are some who disable secure boot and will see the watermark pop back up on the screen a few hours later.

The exact same issue it seems:

Note that I disabled Secure Boot from UEFI by holding "shift" and clicking restarting the pc from the start menu. I went into Advanced Options and entered UEFI settings then navigated to the Secure Boot tab to uncheck the box that said Secure Boot was Enabled. Afterwards, I restarted my PC and successfully had these results in Command Prompt:

As you can see from my tabs, I been trying to fix this issue quite often. Keep in mind that I noticed that after I restart the PC, I won't get the Test Mode water mark for a few hours but it will always re-appear. So if you don't get a response from me in a few hours, then this method resolves the issue: disable secure boot,

SAVE THE SETTINGS WHEN PROMPTED,

then allow the pc to reset and run command prompt as admin,

then enter the bcdedit testisigning off code thing.

NOTE: In the image: i ENABLED & DISABLED integrity checks... i got no idea **** this does because I found conflicting solutions to the problem which we all share:  

this guy says you need to ENABLE it:

but then 45 minutes later I find a dude with the EXACT SAME ISSUE and he solved it by claiming you must DISABLE it. So I'm like ****?

Then there is THIS guy who says he tried to ENABLE the Integrity checks but later found that it did not solve the issue:

So best of luck to you all. I went with Disabling it. Microsoft has abandoned us. So please shoot me a message if you find more information on this solution. Like I said, if I am not back in 24 hours then that means I found the fix.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-test-mode/4d96ed8a-c14a-4320-baa6-963a58a6ae87

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 3,189 Applies to: