how to disable smart package tracking

I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Smart package tracking app in the address line. I’ll certainly help you with this issue. However, we will need the details requested below:

• When you say, “smart package tracking app in my address line” are you referring to the address bar of the browser?

• Which browser are you using?

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

Upon researching, I found that smart package tracking is an adware that gets installed on the computer and is added to the browsers. We can try few steps to remove it from the computer.

Method 1: Uninstall recently installed adware programs

If you have installed any program on the computer recently, uninstall it and check if the adware is removed. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on OK.

3. Click on Installed On to sort by the latest installed dates.

4. Now, look for any recently installed suspicious application, right click on it and select Uninstall.

5. Restart the computer.

Method 2: Remove add-ons

If you have any add-ons enabled in the browser, I suggest you to remove the add-ons and check.

For Internet Explorer, refer section Turning off and removing add-ons from Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

For other browsers, see Add or remove browser add-ons, extensions, and toolbars.

Method 3: Change Homepage

You can also try changing the Homepage for the browsers and see if that makes a difference. Refer the article on Change your browser home page.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2023 Views 301 Applies to: