How to disable "Device Guard"

Hi,

I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Device Guard" in my surface pro before i can do so.

Please provide steps on how to do so.

Hi SugarySalt,

Device Guard is a set of hardware and OS technologies that when configured together, allow enterprises to "lock down" the system and only allow authorized applications or programs to run. With that being said, it's best that you reach out to your local IT personnel on how to change your Device Guard's settings so that your software can be allowed to run on your Surface Pro.

If you're the local IT of your organization, I recommend that you raise your concern at our TechNet forums. TechNet is a community of IT professionals who share and discuss IT related concerns and on how to resolve them. Please click on this link to be redirected to the web page and then either look for similar threads or create a new thread so that the community can engage with your concern.

If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

you can disable  via  group policy editor  

type   GPEDIT.MSC  in cmd  and  enter

expand computer configuration \administrative templates \system\ device guard \

right click on turn on virtualization based security , choose edit  , then  choose  disabled  

click  apply  , click ok, close  group policy editor

type   GPUPDATE /FORCE  in cmd  and  enter

wait for  2 minutes to complete ,  then restart the windows 

I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3593_MS.office365_C2R_2401_v17231.20236_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage8TB.

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 22,797 Applies to: