How to delete or disable "Internet Explorer history" and recent programs.

Original title: Deleting or disabling all "history" programs

I posted this on IE, but I'm not really sure where it should go. In brief, I want to disable, delete, get rid of, destroy all "history" or "recent places" programs. As a bonus, I would also like to delete Ask.com.  Any help will be sincerely appreciated.  Ron from Massacusetts

Uninstall ask toolbar in programs and features

Open IE go to tools / internet options / general tab. Click on settings under browser history change it to 0 under history. Or use ccleaner it'll do it for you

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Here are the few questions to understand the issue better:

1.      Which Internet Explorer browser are you using?

2.      Does Internet Explorer browser redirect you to ask.com? If yes, which website/websites redirect you to ask.com?

Let us try the following methods and see if they help:

Method 1: Refer the following Steps to delete browsing history on every exit:

a.      Open Internet Options by clicking the Start button,  clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Internet Options.

b.     Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history check the box Delete browsing History on exit , click Delete.

c.      Under History, click Delete history, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the history.

d.     Click Close, and then click OK.

Refer:

How to delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer 9:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-delete-your-browsing-history-in-Internet-Explorer-9

Method 2: To delete recent documents refer the following steps:

a.       Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.

b.       Click Customize.

c.       Click the Advanced tab.

d.       Under Recent documents, click Clear List, and also make “ number of program to display ‘0’ and ‘number of recent items to display in jump lists ‘0’

e.       Click Apply and Ok.

If the above methods do not help, or, if you have any further questions, please reply to assist you further.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2021 Views 1,361 Applies to: