How to change size of account picture

My monitor is over 20 inches, and the account pictures on the welcome screen are less thant 1in. x 1in.  I looks ludicrous; How can I change the size of the account pictures.
Answer
Answer
My monitor is over 20 inches, and the account pictures on the welcome screen are less thant 1in. x 1in.  I looks ludicrous; How can I change the size of the account pictures.

Hi

Yes, you can do this. This procedure is actually a font size change for the logon screen, but it also changes the size of the logon profile icons.

1. Click the Start button and type regedit in the Search box. In the ResultsRight Click regedit and select the Run as Administrator option.

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts

2. Backup the value you will be changing. 

Right click the Fonts key in the left pane, select Export. In the Save As dialog, select the Desktop as the save in location. In the File Name box type  LogonBackup. Click the Save button.

If anything goes wrong, you can go to the Desktop, right click the LogonBackup.reg file and select Merge to restore the registry value.

3. In the right side paneDouble Click the LogPixels value. In the Edit dialog box, change the  2 digit value using the following guide.

60 -(100% Font Size) -Default size

78 -(125% Font Size)

90 -(150% Font Size)

4. Exit the Registry editor and  restart the computer to test the results.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Expert - Consumer

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2023 Views 15,955 Applies to: