How to change font color to black?

I need to change the font color of folders names on my desktop. I just need a standard black color, why is it so hard? I can not see the white font with the black shade, I hate it, it all blurred for me. I can not use the black theme, thank you. I need a white screen with black font. I never able to find files on my desktop. I spent hours trying to find a solution. This should be a basic setting. How dyslexic people or people with low vision supposed to read white text?
The only option to make the font black I found is the contrast theme "desert" in accessibility. It's a good idea, but so many websites are not compatible with that theme, and often information is reflected weirdly. So I just need a setting that will affect only my desktop font color.

Thank you very much.

Hi! I'm Laurice, an Independent Advisor. I will try my best to help you.

To change the desktop font color, kindly check this article:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-desktop-f...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, Laurice! I appreciate your reply! I tried the solutions, but the problem wasn't solved. There was only one solution that worked for me temporarily: when I switch to the orange solid color background, the font becomes back, but I can't read on the orange background. When I switch to my background picture, which is basically white (as white color isn't an option of the background color in the settings), the font turns back into white, ridiculous. I want to throw my Windows out of the window

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry to hear that this solution didn't work for you. You can try this method to make the text color black: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOpWCy2f5TE

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

If it still didn't work for you, I suggest you send a feedback to Microsoft about this. You can send your feedback using this link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 1,668 Applies to: