how to assign the function keys

How do I assign the function keys?
Hi PatrickBaynes

thank you for posting your query. I understand you are attempting to assign the function keys

you can follow this link

https://www.****/articles/create-keybo...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Feel free to get back to us should you experience any doubt .

Thanks,
Cristhian
Cristhian Escobar Lopez

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Patrick Baynes
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem!
My name is Laura. I am an independent consultant.
Thanks for contacting our support.

The first thing we have to do is enter the BIOS (be careful not touch other things!).

- To enter the BIOS, activate the computer and when the first image appears on the screen, quickly press FN + F2.

- You will see an image, we will go down to "Keyboard Mapping", where we will have to change the selected option "Traditional".

If you don't already know, to move around the BIOS, you can not use a mouse, if not the arrow keys and the enter key.

To exit the BIOS we use the scroll arrow to the right and go to "Exit". Then we do enter in "Exit saving changes" and in "Yes".

And that's it, now the F1, F2, etc keys are the main ones. Don't forget that the brightness keys of the screen, backlit keyboard, and other functions, will be activated if you keep pressing "fn".

I hope this answer can help you
Let me know if the problem persists

See you soon!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2023 Views 1,899 Applies to: