how to add location tab in the properties of my pictures folder?

How do I restore Windows 11 Pictures folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. 

I am transferring files from my user file to my onedrive. The Pictures folder with a significant number of folders and files are currently located in C:\Users\xxxxx\Pictures, BUT I also see that there is another Pictures folder in the Libraries folder with a location of C:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive - xxxxx\Pictures, so i wanted to put all my current pictures file to the onedrive as well as other future picture file. Now the problem is that there is no location tab found in both local Pictures folder and onedrive Pictures folder.

Windows 11 is located in C:\Windows.

Thanks for any guidance that can be offered.

|

Hi Sheena,

1) Does the Location tab appear for other special folders, such as Documents, Downloads, Music, and Videos?

2) Open a Command Prompt window and run the following command:

• reg.exe query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

Press Enter.

Copy the output and post it here.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh, Windows Shell MVP 2003-2012.
If this post resolves your issue, pls mark it as an Answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 28 Applies to: