how to activated all the processors.

Thread title :Processors

I bought a dell xps 8700 and I activated 4 processors but now I want to active all processors because I need more speed but I find just 4 processors and not 8 like in the start. What can I do for have more speed or activated all the processors?

Hi,

Thank you for posting.  From your issue description, I understand that you want to activate 8 cores in the CPU.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:
1.     are you running 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
2.     What is the make and model of the computer?

Check if you can enable all the processors from advanced boot menu.

Press Windows Key + x from the keyboard->type msconfig->Click on Boot->Advanced Options->Check on Number of Processors->Now select the Processor that you want to activate->Click on Apply->OK.

You can now restart the computer and check.

If the above step fails, I suggest you to check in the BIOS options to see if you can enable 8 cores.

BIOS Disclaimer:
Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.  

If nothing works I request you to get in touch with the hardware manufacturer. The processor cores activation should be under the hardware manufacturer's support.

Hope this will be helpful. Incase if you still have further queries please reply with more details and we will be happy to help you.

50 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi thank you for your answer. I am runnig 64 bit windows 10 in a dell xps 8700 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is mistake in this instruction:

"Press Windows Key + x from the keyboard->type msconfig->Click on Boot->Advanced Options->Check on Number of Processors->Now select the Processor that you want to activate->Click on Apply->OK."

Win+x brings up a menu, and you can't just start typing "msconfig".  Instead it should say:

Press Windows Key + x from the keyboard-> Command Prompt -> type msconfig ...

It is also faster just to search for msconfig.

Note I'm just another user trying to help.

67 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 78,938 Applies to: