How to activate windows 10 with original key?

Hi Microsoft Community Team, I am a new user of Windows 10, I want to know how to activate windows 10 with the original key with the real method. I am already a user of windows 7. Kindly, Microsoft Team replies to me fast. Thanks!

Activation with Windows 10 is different to previous windows. The hardware ID is held by activation servers and usually activation is automatic when connected to the internet.

So if Windows 10 is previously activated then you don't need a key and only a box retail may have one anyway. If you purchase a Windows 10 licence in the Store it is digital against your account.

If you buy it from Microsoft online then you may be issued with a licence key.

So long as you haven't changed major hardware (motherboard) then when you re-install or clean install Windows 10 it will just activate.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/activate-windows-10-c39005d4-95ee-b91e-b399-2820fda32227

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Wade,
My name is Igor, I'm Independent Advisor. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you.

You need to buy Windows 10 license unfortunately. Free upgrade was ended in 2016.
Just enter product key you'll get with a license during installation.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Wade,

I think already two guys told you a very precious solution of your problem, but I want to add value in their answers and tell you something. If you will use Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10. It runs smoothly than windows 10, because when I switched to windows 10 from Windows 8. So my experience with the new window has not been very good and when I run such kind of websites, like custom printed boxes on Chrome, it repeatedly shuts down Chrome and I have the same difficulty in running other websites.

So as soon as I shifted back to Windows 8.1 my Chrome and all those websites started running smoothly like before.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2022 Views 142 Applies to: