how many user accounts are allowed in windows 7 Home Premium

Hi, I finally bought Windows 7 Home Premium and had some few questions set below :

1) How many users can use Windows 7 Home Premium ?
2) Can i use my default administrator account ( created when installing windows ) and the guest account ?
3) Can i use my default administrator account and let someone else use the guest account ?
4) Can i create another administrator account and delete my previous administrator account ?
5) Can i as the administrator ( sole user ) use more than one user account on my computer ?

Yours,
MMK.

Answer
Answer
1) Don't know (or believe) that there is a numerical limit on the number of accounts anyone would be worried over when using "Home Premium".
FOR THIS I WOULD REQUIRE SOME CLARIFICATION !!!

2) Yes.  Neither advised by some, first by most.
For guest i understand that that account represents a risk factor. But why is the account ( Default Administrator ) not advised ?

Yours,
MMK

1) Do you plan on having thousands of users on the Windows 7 Home Premium computer?  Then you have no worries.  Well, more accurately - it depends on the resources you have.  If you have the hard drive space, you can keep creating users in general.

SInce it is Home Premium and not Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate - it is unlikely it is being used in a domain environment where the user accounts are expected to be more numerous than a home environment.  Although you may be using it in a business environment - it isn't obviously a large business.

2) You should - for most - have multiple administrative level accounts; backup reasons.  The built-in is the one that stays around.  Using it daily and for everything is not only as unwise as using any other administrative level account - but it adds to the danger as it is the one you aren't getting rid of easily.

My advice is for you to create at least one additional administrative level account and make sure the passwords for all administrative accounts (different passwords for each account) is 15+ characters with at least one each of three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, number and symbol.  Then create standard accounts for every normal user of the computer and only give out the administrative password to those you trust with the powers it gives them.  No need to logon as an administrative level account for most (if not all) things - just creative use of RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2020 Views 4,024 Applies to: