How do you get the Windows Fax and Scan program to work in windows 10?

If this program worked it would be great for sending messages to my doctor's office, as they don't have internet and insist on fax communications. They wanted me to fax them the insurance 160 page .pdf of the accepted generic drugs they will cover paying for. I am hoping to be able to get insulin that costs considerably less than $387/month, and the generic document lists quite a few.

Any attempt to activate/set up the Fax and Scan it hangs up at installing a modem and stops dead. There does not appear to be any way to tell if the "modem" it needs is a software device in the windows code, or might be some physical device I need to add to the system, and it won't tell me. I had thought the ATT u-verse broadband modem/router might work for this, but it doesn't seem to find it. The ATT device also provides my landline phone service. 

Back when I had windows 98 I had found a freeware program that worked perfectly, but that is gone now.

I have a Dell Optiplex 360 computer.

Please help.

Answer
Answer

Hi John,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the Windows Fax and Scan program. 

In-order the access fax and scan service, we need to have fax and scan device. After connection the fax and scan device with the system you need to install the driver for device.

I suggest you to add fax and scan device after that download the drivers for fax and scan from the manufacturer's website and install it.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/d3b9480a-4541-4c48-aa78-14f5f4625124/add-a-device-to-a-windows-10-pc

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue with the Windows Fax and Scan program.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2021 Views 329 Applies to: