How do you fix the 0x000000D1 iaStor.sys (blue screen) in Windows 7?

Everytime I try to log on to my PC, after typing in the password and pressing Enter, this blue screen of death just reboots my computer.

YES, I've searched the Web for a solution and they gave very great links:

They kept on posting that the fix is to download a file (R130119.EXE) and running it while the SATA is set to ATA. To just install an update or driver, set it back to AHCI, then voila.

Didn't work. 

Well, I managed to run the R130119.EXE file (thru safe mode command prompt) and extracted it to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R130119. But when I tried to run the Setup.exe, it says "This operating system is not supported. Setup will exit."

I'm not sure if I've set the SATA to ATA correctly. When I went to BIOS' setup, the SATA was set to RAID by default. The other option was to set it to AHCI. That was all. Either RAID or AHCI. I tried both, but the file still won't open.

What now?

By the way, I have the Alienware Aurora and Windows 7.
Here's a photo of the error:

PLEASE HELP.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2018 Views 12,157 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Nekodomo,

Did you make any change to computer?

What the last change made to computer?

Are you able to boot into safe mode desktop?

Try the following steps as mentioned below:

Method 1:

Step 1:

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

If you issue still persists follow the next steps

Step 2:

Many BlueScreens are caused by old or corrupted drivers, especially video drivers however there are other causes.

though it could be antivirus/security programs

and even hardware. Have you added new hardware lately or updated drivers (be sure to look in Control Panel

Its always advisable to run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter in this condiiton.

Please use the troubleshooter and when you get to the driver section use the generic driver update methods in the next message and if needed return to the troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 2:

However, do a Hardware clean boot or unplug all the external USB devices  and check.

Do a hardware clean boot to isolate which device is causing the issue.

For doing hardware clean boot do the following steps:

a) Unplug all the external Devices

b) Start the System in Safe mode. (Pressing the F8 key while the computer restarts)

c) Go to Device manger

Device that can be disabled for doing a Hardware clean boot are

1. Video Cards

2. Sound Card

3. Network Card

4. USB Devices and controller (Please don’t do this if you are using USB keyboard or Mouse or Wireless Keyboard or mouse)

5. CD and DVD

6. Modems

7. Ports (serial and parallel)

After doing this if you are able to Boot in Normal Mode try to enable the device one by one and check out which device is causing the issue .Try to install the latest driver for that device or contact the hardware vendor.

Reply back with results 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.