How do you copy the existing Playlists onto a USB Flash sitck or SD card in Windows Media Player?

In WMP v12 on Windows 7, I can sync my Library's music (Albums etc...) no problem on to USB Flash Sticks and micro SDHC card etc.  And I can copy Playlists onto my MP3 player no problem. However I cannot copy Playlists on any USB Flash Stick or micro SDHC card. How can this be done? 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         Is it a regular playlist or auto playlist?

Method 1:

Check if the sync settings are correct. To do this, follow these steps.

a.     Open Windows Media Player.

b.     Click the arrow below the Sync tab, point to the device, and then click Advanced Options.

c.      The properties dialog box for your device is displayed. In the Sync tab, check mark Start sync when device connects check box.

d.     Restart the media player.

e.     The next time you want to sync, connect the device to your computer, click the Sync tab, and then click Start Sync.

For more information, you may refer the below link: Set up a device to sync in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Set-up-a-device-to-sync-in-Windows-Media-Player

Method 2:

Add a Sync Device to Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

a.     Start Windows Media Player and connect your portable device into a USB port on your computer. A box "Windows Media Player -- Device Setup" box will pop up, showing that it has recognized the device and provides an opportunity for you to name your device.

b.     Read how the player will sync your device, which is directly under where you type in the name of the device. If the device's storage is more than 4 gigabytes, as an example, and your library on Windows Media Player will fit on that device, the player will choose automatic.

c.      Selection of automatic sync means that your device will mirror your entire Windows Media Player library and will do so each time it is connected. Click "Finish."

d.     To sync only some of your library, when the Player has chosen automatic, you can choose what will sync when you open Windows Media Player. Click on the portable device in the right pane, and drag the items you want to sync to that device.

e.     Selection of a manual sync indicates that the player detected that the portable device does not have room for your entire library. Click "Finish." Open Windows Media Player, select the portable device in the right pane, and drag the items you want to sync to that device.

For more information on "Windows Media Player sync: frequently asked questions" check this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Windows-Media-Player-Sync-frequently-asked-questions

Method 3:

I also suggest you to copy the playlist from its original location and not through Windows media Player.

Refer the below link also and check if it helps.

Windows Media Player playlist: frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Media-Player-playlist-frequently-asked-questions

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2023 Views 4,262 Applies to: