How do we uninstall Windows Live ID Assistant?

To FIX the Games For windows Live problems so we can play our GFWL we have to uninstall many stuff, including Windows Live ID Assistant.
But HOW do we uninstall Windows Live ID Assistant???

PS.; I repeat: GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE! So it's NOT an XBOX360 problem! X(

I don't have a Live ID Assistant. This is the first I've heard of  it but -

You may find it in Programs and Features along with the GFWL client -
Microsoft Games for Windows - Live,   and
Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace

I assume you will be reinstalling the GFWL client with the newer version from -

Download: Games for Windows Software Setup 3.5 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No. Windows Live ID Assistant is NOT found in that list! But Microsoft Games for Windows - Live,   and 
Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace WERE there! (I've uninstalled them!)

https://www.youtube.com/user/tzeffnl

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a quick read about this 'feature'. You may already know what is below -
" ...The Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is a helper add-on for Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger that allows users to save more than one Live ID (username and passwords) on the same computer to enable faster user switching."

Ends up I do have it installed, and it is in Programs and Features - Windows Live Sign-in Assistant ,
(too easy - how did I miss that before) but as I avoid everything related to GFWL I was not aware I even had it installed.
The date it installed is three months after reinstalling the GFWL client, so it installed with DIRT 3,
(judging by date).

Apparently installing Bing Bar also installs the WLSA ( Bing Bar should be uninstalled before WLSA ).  Bloatware breading bloatware. Gotta love Monopoly$oft - not....

As  Internet Explorer is mentioned above, maybe you can get around the problems caused by this apparently flawed add-on by using Firefox as your default browser (I've never used IE except with the few sites that require it ).
I've also read that if it does not show in P&F then it should show after reinstalling the GFWL client.
You may  also have to find the registry entry after uninstalling and delete that as well.

Apparently, from what I've read, the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is supposed to assist in sharing, but has the opposite effect.

EDIT: I also found the following in relation to BING BAR, but may still be useful -

"If you don’t find Bing Bar or Windows Live ID sign-in assistant in Add or Remove programs list follow the below procedure.

1. Click Start Menu>Run>services.msc> find “Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant” set its start up type to Manual.

2. Open Internet Explorer>From Tools click Manage Add-ons and Disable “Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper” add-on.

Restart Your Computer."

More info -    HERE

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 26, 2023 Views 9,113 Applies to: