How do I uninstall HP Print Scan Doctor (Keeps waking my PC up)

I installed the HP Print Scan Doctor a long time ago. However, I don't have the printer anymore and so I deleted the .exe file and the folder containing it. Even though I uninstalled it, it keeps waking my computer up, as I've checked in cmd powercfg. I've no idea where this program is, as even the file location in task scheduler shows a folder that doesn't exist in my C drive. I've even used third party applications to try and remove it to no avail. I've reinstalled it to uninstall it later but this didn't work either. Please help.

Hi dtmq,

I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.

I recommend that you remove traces of the program from the registry.
You can follow the guide from the link below.
https://www.howto-connect.com/how-to-remove-tra...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites.
The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It exist in two areas I'm having the same issue trying to rid myself of this application . It will be in this path of your files

( This pc , windows c , program files ( x86 ) , HP , Diagnostics , PSDR )

Also it is located in ( This pc , windows c , program files , HPPrintScanDoctor ) . For me when I go to delete because there is no uninstall option . It just keeps saying it is unable to uninstall because it is in use by another folder ???

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 11,321 Applies to: