How do I UNINSTALL Copilot???

I updated Windows not too long ago and, to my surprise, a little "app" called Copilot was installed. I am very picky about what gets installed on my pc and upon investigation, Copilot did NOT pass muster. I have searched over and over for a way to uninstall this nuisance to no avail. There are many ways to disable it, but I am limited on drive space. Why are you, Microsoft, doing this to your user base??? I, as a user, have a right to decide what is or is Not installed on my computer. Please tell me and MANY others how to completely remove this from our systems. And PLEASE don't give some BS response that it is not possible!

Thank you in advance?

|

Hello. Use winget.exe.

As administrator:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

winget uninstall MicrosoftWindows.Client.CoPilot_cw5n1h2txyewy

[ If winget didn't find CoPilot Try ]

winget uninstall Windows CoPilot MSIX Pack

exit

exit

MSI_Katana_17_B13VFK=[i7_13620H,16GB,8GB_GPU,1TB_NVMe]
I am a normal answers member 😁
🐈 Cattery_Devloper 🐈

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You don't want to hear that it isn't possible, so I won't tell you. Instead, I'll address another point that you made:

I, as a user, have a right to decide what is or is Not installed on my computer.

As the owner of your computer, you have the right to decide whether Windows is or is not installed on your computer. As the owner of Windows, Microsoft has the right to decide what does and does not go into Windows.

Preparation is the nemesis of failure.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess I should seriously consider bringing out my other pc 5hat is running Linux. Didn't want to do that...

-Todd VanHaren

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Like you said, you can disable it either via settings or via registry, but to uninstall it, as of now, it is not possible. That's not BS answer, but honest answer.

I understand you are frustrated; we did give Microsoft consent as part of the service agreement we agreed to when setting up Windows, Microsoft has the right to update and add new features.

Instead of solely expressing dissatisfaction, it might be more constructive to provide feedback (Windows + F) on such updates to suggest Microsoft include an uninstall option.

Registry disable option is included in case you are interested: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/completely-disable-and-remove-copilot-in-windows-11.23264/  (it is from third party website but it is reliable source).

North America Central Time Zone

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 164 Applies to: