how do i transfer my bigpond email account to this computer so i can retain my original outlook site

I am using a new Hotmail address for this computer but still want to receive emails from my bigpond email address as my main source
Use the Desktop browser or a mail program like Thunderbird on the desktop to get your email if that email is POP3 mail and not IMAP. The mail app does not work with POP mail. 

You can set up your Hotmail to retrieve your pop mail. Directions are on the bigpond site HERE. Use the Outlook.com directions since that is hotmail's new name.  You will soon be switched to Outlook.com automatically. You can switch now and keep your hotmail.com address. Read this article

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello bettyosborne,

Here's an option for you: Open Modern IE10, go to the Big Pond email login screen. In the lower right corner of IE10 there will be an icon of a push pin in a circle. Select it, then select Pin to Start, it will show a Tile of the Big Pond website, select Pin to Start again.

Now you should have a Tile on your Start screen that goes directly to your Big Pond email login.

Please mark this reply as an answer if it answers your question

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 1,138 Applies to: