How do I rip a CD to the Windows 10 media player.

I still have a media player after the installation of Win 10. I can still play a CD. I can't rip the CD to the Media Player. Apparently when I installed Win 10 some file was removed. Here is the message, "Windows Media Player cannot find the file."

Hi Phyllis,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while ripping on Windows Media Player. I will certainly help you.

This problem occurs if a codec that is required to play the file is not installed on the computer.

To resolve this problem, configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automatically. To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.

2. Click the Player tab, click to select the Download codecs automatically check box, and then click OK.

3. Try to play the file. If you are prompted to install the codec, click Install.

Please post back with the status of Windows Media Player issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I found the tools bar and the player button, but there was no info button "Download codecs automatically" I tried to download a codec program from Microsoft , but it would not work. the CD works fine in the disk drive but I cannot rip it to the computer. it is an e machine with Intel and came with windows 7. This problem only started after the change to Win 10. Still cannot do anything with the ripping. The ripping part will not even let me make changes.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

unable to find tools in win media player

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 9,495 Applies to: