How do I restore windows 7 taskbar after a virus changed it to an XP taskbar?

Okay, so as far as I know the SystemFix.exe virus is gone and my start menu items are back (though there's still a shortcut on the desktop for System Fix) but my taskbar now resembles the XP verson and not the Windows 7 version. It's not a visual customization thing. The taskbar is still transluscent but the features and its shape (thin) are the XP taskbar, not the Win 7 taskbar. When I first got infected with SystemFix.exe, the taskbar suddenly resembled a cross between Win 7 and XP taskbars, but after removing the virus with iExplore.exe, Malwarebyte, and unhide.exe, my taskbar now resembles the XP taskbar with the XP tab shapes that appear when a browser or another program is opened, as well as a system tray that resembles XP as well as an XP style clock. Likewise the IE, Windows Media Player, and Windows Explorer default shortcuts are also gone.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2,606 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Thanks for the above information.

Please let us know if you have tried all the steps mentioned in the above post.

If there is any remnant virus/infection on the computer, I would suggest you to download and run the latest Microsoft Safety Scanner on your computer to perform a complete scan and check if it works fine:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Also do not install or run any fixits from third party websites as they may turn your computer insecure and unstable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.