How do I remove my power on password

I just received my new windows 10 laptop.  I am trying, unsuccessfully to remove the power on password.  How can this be done?
Answer
Answer

This is a community forum. Most people here are users like yourself and will try to help.

Are you referring to the windows sign-in screen that looks something like this.

Or do you see something else.

Hi and thanks for the help.  Yes, that is exactly what I want to get rid of.  I want to be able to turn the computer on and have it power up without further help from me.  I reallly dislike Windows 10.  I got it by accident.  I bought a computer that had 7 on it, and when I hit the power button and signed on, I got the message that updates were necessary which is usual when you buy a computer. There are always updates missed while it is waiting for sale.  All of a sudden in the middle of everything, Windows 10 began loading up and I was afraid to stop it.  Sometimes, when you stop updates, you lose use of your computer.  I had that happen one time.

I am now concerned that with the Win 10 installed that I won't be able to reinstall Windows which I usually do every couple of weeks as I like to install beta software and try it out..  Usually that eventually requires a reinstall.  Do you know how a reinstall will work with two different Window versions.  I figure it would do the first version but I'm sure not positive, but I also think I will run into trouble as I have no way to get Windows 10.  I'm betting it will want a License number.

I really wonder if Windows 10 was ready for release by Microsoft.  I have had nothing but trouble with it and I am no novice.  I started back when I had to use Dos and then Windows 3.  I can't imagine how a newby would manage this mess.

Thanks for the help.

Kennalea B Pratt                 *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
If you type netplwiz into windows Search and select the top result. Then select your user name and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use the computer. After entering your password for your user and selecting OK you should not have to enter it every time you start your PC.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 708 Applies to: