How do I reinstall AMD adrenalin software to my PC? It won't finalize the second time

I downloaded AMD ADRENALIN for my PC then wasn't sure if I used the right version. So I tried using the uninstaller utility and redownload the correct version. Now it won't finalize it downloads the chipset and the other portions but at the end I get a error message saying that it couldn't connect to the web and to check my firewall settings. I have a great wifi connection and tried it without the firewall on and same issue. Any help please?

Hello elijah kurdi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Have you followed the steps outlined in this guide for installing AMD Adrenalin Edition software: Install AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition | AMD? If you are still experiencing issues with downloading and installing the correct version of AMD Adrenalin, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear temporary files: Sometimes, temporary files can interfere with the download process. You can try clearing your temporary files by pressing the Windows key + R, typing %temp% in the Run dialog box, and pressing Enter. This will open the Temp folder. Select all the files and folders in this folder, and delete them.

2. Disable antivirus (not firewall): Your antivirus software may be blocking the AMD Adrenalin download. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and then attempting the download again. Remember to turn it on again in a timely manner.

3. Run the installer as an administrator: Right-click on the AMD Adrenalin installer and select "Run as administrator". This will give the installer the necessary permissions to make changes to your system. Or create a new administrator account: (Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support) and install AMD Adrenalin in this account.

4. Download and install the drivers manually: If the above steps do not work, you can try downloading the drivers manually from the AMD website: AMD Drivers and Support | AMD and then installing them.

5. Try a different network: This doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the WiFi you are using, but trying a different network could help narrow down the problem.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to contact AMD support for further assistance: Support Forums - AMD Community.

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards,

Yuhao Li

Microsoft Community Technical Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 1,772 Applies to: