how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!

i have repeatedly tried numerous options to disable this little very annoying feature!!! it seems to be part of the living undead! and to say at the very least, i will experience the most joy i have ever felt by tossing this extremely disappointing version of windows under the tires of my very large truck. It has displayed itself so badly, that it is starting to make Vista look like a princess!!!! I WANT CONTROL OVER THIS MACHINE SO AS TO NOT HAVE IT CONSTANTLY INTERFERING WITH MY DUTIES!!! IF THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE, I AM CERTAIN THAT ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILL FOREVER BE IN DISAGREEMENT WITH HUMANS! I may noy always know my next step, but i feel pretty confident that AI will prevail in making a decision to misdirect my intentions even further away from what i am wanting to accomplish!

I am not wanting to truly express my down deep non verbal vocabulary so as to offend any one, or many others feelers. just know that there are so many expletives i so desperately want to express, just doing my part as one that knows the power of words, and can take them just as well as state them(even if my choice of some are of no relative importance to what was meant to be said)

At the request of this intermediate button pusher machine user, Please help ones need to have something that should be able to be controlled - BE!!!

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Ken,

I'm Tiaen and I'm an independent advisor in this community and here to help you.

I'm sorry for having this issue.

I understand you had issues with Windows updates, but Windows updates are rolled out to introduce enhancements, reduce security vulnerabilities, or deliver new features and it is recommended to keep your computer up to date.

f you need to permanently stop the updates, please follow the below steps:

1- Click Windows+R keys, input services.msc, and then click OK.
2- Navigate down the list to locate the 'Windows Update service'.
3- Perform a right-click on the service and choose Properties.
4- Press the stop button.
5- Alter the Startup Type to disabled and then click OK.

Reference: https://www.action1.com/four-ways-to-disable-wi...

Please share with me the results.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before downloading and installing it.
The above link is in English; you must use Translator to see it in your language.

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 15,551 Applies to: