How do I make my Samsung Smart TV "Discoverable" on my Windows 11 PC laptop?

My Samsung 4K Smart TV is NOT discoverable on my Windows 11 PC laptop in order to mirror my laptop onto my Samsung TV. They are both on the same network. I updated everything and checked the network settings. Nothing works. Only the ROKU sticks on separate TVs show up on the discoverable list.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi D-Wood

I am John J.D., a fellow Microsoft user like you.

Please double-check and make sure your Samsung Smart TV and your Windows 11 computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Connect via Wireless display or dock.
> Back to you Windows 11 laptop, press Windows + I key to open Settings.
> Bluetooth & devices. > Toggle on Bluetooth.
> Click on the Add device (+ icon).
> Choose Wireless display or dock.
> It will scan for available wireless displays and should show your Samsung Smart TV.
> Click on your Samsung Smart TV to connect it.

Another approach you can try is to press Windows + K key to open the Cast dialog. From there, you can click on your smart TV's name to start screen mirroring.

If those steps don't do the trick, you can also go to Settings > System > Display. In the Multiple displays section, click the Connect button for "Connect to a wireless display" and pick your TV from the list.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Let's work together to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

John J.D.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get "no displays available". I can cast to a Panasonic TV and used to be able to cast to a Samsung TV

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried many of the solutions I found on the internet and my Samsung does not show up as discoverable.

The one solution I found but have not yet tried but many people have reported success is to factory reset the Samsung.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On an HP laptop using Microsoft Edge and Windows 11, the Samsung TV with Chromecast in the living room shows up as available. However, it does not show as available from my Dell Inspiron PC using Microsoft Edge and Windows 11, like it used to. I have disconnected and reconnected the Chromecast power cord on the Samsung TV to no avail. I have tried adding a device on the Dell PC to no avail.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an astonishingly bad reply and answer. It's like you didn't even read the question. The problem is that the TV does NOT show up on the list, and we're wondering how to get it to. So reiterating multiple times to "select your tv from the list" in 3 different ways does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR US JOHN. COME ON MAN.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. It worked once on my Samsung TV some months ago. Trying again today, no joy. I tried all your suggestions but Samsung TV is just not listed on any of them. Laptop and TV are in same room, same wireless connection. My Dell laptop connects without a problem to the Samsung soundbar using Bluetooth but no luck with the TV. The TV connects to the soundbar using Bluetooth but often disconnects.

Hi D-Wood

I am John J.D., a fellow Microsoft user like you.

Please double-check and make sure your Samsung Smart TV and your Windows 11 computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Connect via Wireless display or dock.
> Back to you Windows 11 laptop, press Windows + I key to open Settings.
> Bluetooth & devices. > Toggle on Bluetooth.
> Click on the Add device (+ icon).
> Choose Wireless display or dock.
> It will scan for available wireless displays and should show your Samsung Smart TV.
> Click on your Samsung Smart TV to connect it.

Another approach you can try is to press Windows + K key to open the Cast dialog. From there, you can click on your smart TV's name to start screen mirroring.

If those steps don't do the trick, you can also go to Settings > System > Display. In the Multiple displays section, click the Connect button for "Connect to a wireless display" and pick your TV from the list.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Let's work together to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

John J.D.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

John,

For me there is no "Connect to a wireless display" button under Settings > System > Display> Multiple Displays !

My PC doesn't support Miracast so I am out of luck?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem. It really angers me that everyone having this problem is given the same useless answer. Again.. the problem is that the Samsung smart tv DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE LIST OF WIRELESS DISPLAYS. Everything is connected to the same wifi network. Everything is up to date.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John and thanks for your assistance.

1. Your first item Connect via Wireless display or dock Bluetooth...here is what happens. I click on Add device but my Samsung does not show up so that I can connect to it. I have waited at least 5 Minutes. Need further assistance.

2. Windows + K key to open the Cast dialog.  When I do this, Available Displays shows up and my Samsung TV is listed to select. But when I select my TV, my desktop screen goes black and I see my desktop on my TV. However I cannot choose, via mouse or other way any of the items on my desktop that is being shown on my TV.

My goal is to wirelessly connect my PC to my Samsung so that I can choose items on my desktop, specifically a slideshow, and play the slideshow with slides graphics and sound. Wired with an HDMI cable from desktop to Samsung, I do connect my desktop to my Samsung. I can then select items on the desktop shown on TV and select items including my slideshow which then plays with both graphics slides and sound via my mouse. Need further assistance.

3. ...you can also go to Settings > System > Display. In the Multiple displays section, click the Connect button for "Connect to a wireless display" and pick your TV from the list. When I do this I do not see the Connect" button" or choose to "Connect to a wireless display" and pick my TV from the list. I do have the option in this area to Add a Device but my TV does not show up under Add a Device to choose. Oddly enough, in the Bluetooth & devives section, my Samsung TV does show up under the Audio and Wireless displays

& dockss. But the Samsung shows as not connected.. Need assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great postings on this issue. I am having the same problem. I purchased a Pioneer smart TV as we now have fiber optic service. I had no trouble connecting the TV to the internet. Ditto using off air reception with an outdoor high gain antenna. If I log into the Exos router from my Dell Inspiron laptop, the router shows both my laptop and the new TV. If I log out of the router and go to the laptop and look at "network", I can't see the TV, only the router. I checked in the owner's manual for the TV and do not see anything about making the TV discoverable. I have sharing activated and discovery is also enabled on the laptop. I have searched and searched and cannot find anything on how to get the TV to be discoverable. The router can see it, so it must be discoverable to the router. None of the usual procedures or work arounds lets my laptop see the new TV.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. If automobiles were this much trouble, we'd still be using horses.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 10,862 Applies to: